Ed Corrigan Curriculum Vitae
EDWARD CHARLES CORRIGAN
Academic Curriculum Vitae
- Bachelor of Arts (History) — University of Western Ontario 1977
- Bachelor of Laws — University of Windsor 1990
- Masters of Arts (Political Science) — University of Western Ontario 1991
M.A. THESIS: "The failure of Secularism in Turkey" University of Western Ontario (1990)
Called to the Bar by Law Society of Upper Canada February 1992
- Review of "The Real Terror Network by Edward Herman," The Arab World Review, April-May 1986.
- "The Canadian-Arab World Parliamentary Association," The Near East Cultural and Educational Foundation of Canada Newsletter, June/July 1986.
- "Education Under Occupation", The Arab World Review, July-August, 1986.
- "Joan Peters', From Time Immemorial: Definitive Study or Transparent Fraud?," American-Arab Affairs, Fall 1986, pp. 77-91.
- "The Strange Case of Joan Peters' From Time Immemorial" (Long Version of Above), Arab Forum, Winter 1986-1987, pp. 8-19.
- "The Palestinian Question at the University: The Case of Western Ontario, American-Arab Affairs, Summer 1987, pp. 87-98.
- "Peace Activists Under Attack in Israel," The Humanist in Canada, Autumn 1987, pp. 16-17.
- "A Year of the Palestinian Uprising," Against The Current, November-December 1988, pp. 4-6.
- "Proposal for the Establishment of a Canadian Journal for Arab Studies," The Arab World Review, Aug.-Sept. 1989, pp. 6-7.
- "Jewish Criticism of Zionism, American-Arab Affairs, Winter 1990-91, pp. 94-116.
- "The October Surprise" (co-authored with John Carnduff), Z Magazine, June, 1991, pp. 19-20.
- Review of Convincing Conjecture, My turn to speak: Iran, the Revolution and Secret Deals with the U.S. by Abol-Hassan Bani-Sadr (With Brendan Carnduff), Middle East International,
April 3, 1992.
- "Canada must be fair to refugee claimants," The Independent National Edition, September 1992, p.11.
- Refusal to Preform Military Service as a Basis For Refugee Claims in Canada, 8 Immigration Law Reporter (3d) pp. 272-286.
- Politics, Power and the Palestinian issue, The Human Rights Report (South Africa), May 2002, p. 12.
- The Legal Debate in Canada on The Protection of Stateless Individuals Under The 1951 Geneva Convention, 23 Immigration Law Reporter (3d) pp. 196-209.
- How Politics Works, Update: The Newsletter of Ontario Healthy
- Review of AProphets Outcast: A Century of Dissident Jewish Writing Communities, Fall/Winter 2003, pp. 1 and 4. about Zionism and Israel, edited by Adam Shatz, Middle East Policy,
Summer, 2005, pp. 139-143.
- "The Safe Third Country Agreement: Impact on Refugee Claimants," 9 Bender's Immigration Bulletin, September 15, 2005.
- "Zionist Distortion of History, Media Monitors Network, January 16, 2006.
- Review of "Reframing Anti-Semitism: Alternative Jewish Perspectives, Jewish Voice for Peace, eds., Middle East Policy, Spring, 2006, pp. 156-161.
- "Power and Politics," Media Monitors Network, August 6, 2006.
- Review of: The Other Israel, Voices of Refusal and Dissent, Edited by Roane Carey and Jonathan Shainin (New York: New Press, 2002), Middle East Policy, Fall 2006, pp. 140-150.
- Dual Citizenship, ImmQuest, Vol. 2, Issue 8, September 2006, pp. 11-12.
- Refugees in Canada, ImmQuest, Vol. 2, Issue 9, October 2006, pp. 8-10.
- Ontario Government Introduces Legislation to Breakdown Barriers for
- Why Canada Needs Immigration, ImmQuest, Vol. 3, Issue 1,
- Foreign Divorces, ImmQuest, Vol. 3, Issue 2, February 2007, pp. 1 Newcomers, ImmQuest, Vol. 2, Issue 10, November 2006, pp. 1-2. January 2007, pp. 1 and 5-6. and 3-5.
- U.S. War Resisters and the Legality of the Iraq War," Media Monitors Network, February 19, 2007.
- Lawyer Certified Specialist Program, Briefly Speaking (Ontario Bar Association), March 2007, p. 10.
- Immigration Sponsorship Problems, ImmQuest, Vol 3. Issue 3, March 2007 p. 12.
- Impact of a Conviction in Canada Upon the Right to Enter the United States, ImmQuest, Vol 3. Issue 9, September 2007, pp. 1-4.
- The Test for Well-Foundedness of a Fear of Persecution under Canadian Refugee Law, ImmQuest, Vol 3. Issue 11, November 2007, pp 9-11.
- Safe Third Country Agreement with United States Overturned by Federal Court of Canada, ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 1, January 2008, pp 1-4.
- New Federal Work Visa Program for International Students," ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 5, May 2008, pp 6-7.
- "Government Collecting on Defaults on Immigration Sponsorships," ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 6, June 2008, pp 9-11.
- "The Live-In Caregiver Program," 70 Immigration Law Reporter (3d), pp 84-98.
- "Stay Granted by Federal Court of Appeal on Safe Third Country Agreement," 70 Immigration Law Reporter (3d), pp 123-127.
- "Government of Canada Signs Youth Mobility Agreement with Poland. Many Similar Agreements Exist with Other Countries, ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 8, August 2008, p. 9.
- "Safe Third Country Agreement Landmark Ruling Overturned by Federal Court of Appeal of Canada, Bender's Immigration Bulletin, Vol. 13, No. 16, August 15, 2008, pp.
- "Safe Third Country Agreement Between Canada and the United States Struck Down By Federal Court of Canada but Stay Granted by Canadian Federal Court of Appeal, Bender's
Immigration Bulletin, Vol. 13, No. 16, August 15, 2008, pp. 1026-1029.
- "Controversial Changes for Immigration to Canada," 70 Immigration Law Reporter (3d), pp 175-177.
- Taming the Elephant: A lesson for Arab and Muslim Communities, Media Monitors Network, September 3, 2008.
- Should the Jewish National Fund be entitled to Charitable Tax Status? Outlook, September/October 2008, pp. 19 and 39.
- "Federal Court of Appeal Overturns Federal Court Ruling on Safe Third Country Agreement, 71 Immigration Law Reporter (3d), pp 48-51.
- Refugee Claims and Human Trafficking, ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 10, October 2008, pp. 1-3.
- Time for a Political Solution in Afghanistan?, Media Monitors Network, October, 19, 2008.
- Making a Refugee Claim and Legal Aid, ImmQuest, Vol 4. Issue 11, November 2008, pp. 1-3.
- Applying for Permanent Residence Under the Canadian Experience Class, 76 Immigration Law Reporter (3d) pp. 8-15.
- Safe Third Country Agreement: Update, ImmQuest, Vol 5. Issue 3, March 2009, pp. 1 and 4-8.
- Changes to Canada=s Citizenship Law, ImmQuest, Vol 5. Issue 5, May 2009, pp. 1-5.
- Is Our Refugee Protection System in Need of Reform?, co-authored with Tom Clark, AImmQuest, Vol 5. Issue 6, June 2009, pp. 1-4.
- Rules for Canadians Entering the United States Changed, ImmQuest, Vol 5. Issue 7, July 2009, pp. 1 and 5-6.
- Case Comment: Minister of Citizenship and Immigration v. Hazimeh, 79 Immigration Law Reporter, (3d), pp. 186-191.
- "Conscientious Objection and Refusal to Preform Military Service, 80 Immigration Law Reporter, (3d), pp. 12-39. Article is a revised and expanded version of a presentation
given to Refugee Law Office/Legal Aid Ontario Refugee Law Conference May 22, 2009, in Toronto.
- Should Sharia Divorces Be Recognized by Canada?, ImmQuest, Vol. 5, Issue 8, August 2009, p. 1 and pp.4-6.
- Protected Person Status 101: The Fundamentals, ImmQuest, Vol. 5, Issue 9, September, 2009, pp. 4-6.
- "Canada should let in U.S. War resisters," Montreal Gazette.com, October 16, 2009. Also published as, Canada as haven for war resisters: We should not be U.S.
'enforcement agent' for those who won't fight in Iraq, The Hamilton Spectator, October 16, 2009.
- American War Resisters Cases in the Canadian Federal Court, 81 Immigration Law Reporter, (3d) pp. 233-262.
- Is Anti-Zionism Anti-Semitic? Jewish Critics Speak, Middle East Policy, Winter 2009, pp. 132-145.
- Canadian Federal Court Treatment of American War Resisters, ImmQuest, Vol. 5, Issue 11 November, 2009, pp. 1-4.
- Is it anti-Semitic to Defend Palestinian Human Rights? Part One, Outlook, November-December, 2009 pp. 17-18 and p. 35. Published by the Jewish Outlook Society of Canada.
- The Goldstone Report and the debate in Israel, Dissident Voice, December 2, 2009. Also published in Occupation Magazine (Israel) December 6, 2009.
- Einstein on Palestine and Zionism, Dissident Voice, January 9, 2010
- "Is it anti-Semitic to Defend Palestinian Human Rights?, Part Two, Outlook, January-February, 2010, pp 17-19. Published by the Jewish Outlook Society of Canada.
- "Harper's attack on democracy and the Arab and Muslim community," The Canadian Charger, February 10, 2010.
- Israel and Apartheid: Is It a Fair Comparison?, Dissident Voice, March 1st, 2010.
- "Jewish Critics of Zionism and of Israel=s Treatment of the Palestinians," Dissident Voice, April 16, 2010
- "Israeli Criticism of Zionism and the Treatment of Palestinians: The Politicians," Dissident Voice, July 30, 2010.
- "Israeli Criticism of Zionism and of Israel=s Treatment of the Palestinians: The Academics and Activists," Dissident Voice, August 21st, 2010.
- "A response to the attempt to ban Dr. Norman Finkelstein from Mohawk College," Rabble.ca, February 17, 2011.
- "The Specter of an Extreme Right Government in Canada," Dissident Voice, April 25, 2011.
- "Election 2011: Harper's attack on the Arab and Muslim community," Rabble.ca, April 27, 2011.
- "Zionism and Anti-Semitism," Dissident Voice, March 31, 2012.
- "Bill C-31 will destroy key aspects of Canada's refugee system," Rabble.ca, April 4, 2012.
- "Why attempts to exclude Queers Against Israeli Apartheid from Toronto Pride are wrong," Rabble.ca, June 29, 2012.
- "Crackdown on citizenship and immigration fraud," Canadian Charger, October 2, 2012.
- "The crisis in funding legal support for refugees,"` Rabble.ca, December 14, 2012.
- "Dramatic Changes Coming to Criminal Law and Immigration for Permanent Residents," ImmQuest, Vol. 9, Issue 1 January 2013,. pp 1-4.
- "Understanding the new refugee determination system in Canada," Rabble.ca, January 30, 2013.
- "New Refugee Determination System In Canada," Immigration Daily (U.S.) ILW.com, February 21, 2013.
- "More changes to refugee system from Jason Kenney: Mexico added to 'safe countries' list," Rabble.ca, February 22, 2013.
- "New list of designated countries of origin for Canada's refugee system announced," The Canadian Charger, March 10, 2013.
- "International Experience Canada (IEC): Opportunities Abroad for Students and Youth," ImmQuest, Vol. 9, Issue (June 2013), pp. 6-9. 2013.
- "Cuts to interim federal health program for refugees unfair and unjust," Canadian Charger, July 24, 2013.
- "Protests held worldwide against Monsanto, genetic modification of food and use of pesticides," Canadian Dimension, October 21st 2013.
- "Changes to Canadian Experience Class immigration program introduce new eligibility provisions," Rabble.ca Pro Bono, December 5, 2013.
- "Canadian Government Plans to Make It Harder to Become a Citizen, Citizenship Law to be Changed," Dissident Voice, December 31st, 2013
- "Sponsorship of parents and grandparents dramatically changed," by Edward C. Corrigan, Canadian Charger, January 16, 2014.
- "A Brief Overview of the United Kingdom's Immigration System," by Patti Kemp and Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Daily (ILW.com), February 21, 2014.
- "Comparison of the Dutch Highly Skilled Migrant Scheme and the European Union Blue Card Scheme for highly skilled workers," by Edward C. Corrigan and Li Tian, Immigration
Daily, (ILW.com), March 7, 2014.
- "Changes Proposed By Canadian Government Will Make Getting Citizenship More Difficult," by Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Daily (ILW.com), March 24, 2014.
- "Canada's Economic Immigration Policies Changed Dramatically," by Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on Web (ILW.com), April 16, 2015.
- "New Requirements for Canadian Citizenship Took Effect June 11, 2015," by Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Daily (ILW.com), 23 June 2015.
- "UN Human Rights Committee criticizes Harper government," by Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, August 4, 2015.
- "Deprivation of Citizenship: A Canada/United Kingdom Comparison," by Patti Kemp and Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on the Web (ILW.com), August 26, 2015.
- "Edward Said Remembered: September 25 was the 12th anniversary of his death," by Edward C. Corrigan, Dissident Voice, September 27th, 2015
- "Fragmenting the Family: A Failure to Follow Law, Policy and Common Sense," by Patti Kemp and Edward C. Corrigan, Media With a Conscience, October 14, 2015
- "Liberals win majority Government," by Edward C. Corrigan, The Canadian Charger, November 1, 2015
- "Changes desperately needed for Canada's immigration and refugee policy," by Edward C. Corrigan, Rabble.ca, November 20, 2015.
- "How to Privately Sponsor a Refugee," by Patti Kemp and Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on the Web (ILW.com), December 21, 2015
- "How to privately sponsor a Syrian refugee to Canada," by Edward C. Corrigan and Patti Kemp, Rabble.ca, January 5, 2016 (Short Version).
- "Israel and Apartheid: A Framework for Legal Analysis," by Edward C. Corrigan, in Apartheid in Palestine: Hard Laws and Harder Experiences, Editor Ghada Ageel, (The
University of Alberta Press: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2016), pp. 213-245.
- "Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program," by Li Tian and Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on the Web (ILW), February 15, 2016.
- "Providing False or Incomplete Information on a Canadian Citizenship or Immigration Form," by Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on the Web (ILW), 28 April 2016.
- "Not Wanted at the Border: A Brief Explanation of Traveling to the United Kingdom with a Criminal Conviction," by Patti Kemp and Edward C. Corrigan, Immigration Law on
the Web (ILW.com). Published on 17 May 2016.
- "Canada starts process to collect passport exit data," by Edward C. Corrigan, Media With a Conscience, 09 July 2016.
Plus over 100 articles in University of Western Ontario and Ontario papers.